Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone familiar with Google Docs?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DOShip

DOShip

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

So Google sheets is Google's equivalent to Excel. Is anyone familiar with it? It has a Time Stamp function where someone within Google Groups set me up with the code to do this. And it worked well for a time.

However, for whatever reason the script started to return an error in the timestamp. The theory is that with 6 to 7 agents using this function at once (on separate tabs of the same sheet) that it 'overloaded' the function, causing the page to report an error in the timestamp column. Is a google sheet limited in any kind of way by the amount of users? Or can this be chalked up to synching issues which I know have caused the timestamp to spit out the same exact time for 20-30 cells at a time? I've also considered that there is probably a data or cell limit so we started archiving each prior month into an excel sheet being that with 6 agents and 6 columns to feel with on average 80 or over orders processed per agent we're looking at 3000 cells used a
day. No more than 8 people should be accessing the same sheet at once and currently the code generates a stamp when an agent types the last digit of the Order ID in the Order ID column. Could it be 2 or 3 agents generating a stamp only a second apart (which would have to be a pretty rare occurrence) causing this issue?

I've included an image. Any help with this would be massively appreciated- even if its directing me to a forum that could better answer it. What would be the best source- Google Groups- has turned out to be a failure.

PzugEmZ.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

I tried Google docs. I found it did not preserve some essential formatting that I required, and owned any image (added it's own hotlinks and extensions) or hyperlink on any document I saved on it. It was just plain bad. The only reason the service exists is for Google to own you a little bit more. IMO.

You won't be creating your documents with this "product", you will be creating Googles documents.

So, as you can tell I was unimpressed. I just continue to use Open Office now for my machines. Doesn't quite do everything that MS Office does, but the pricetag is infinitely cheaper, and I can use my docs on both Linux and Win machines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users