Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Factory Restore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 @l3x@nd3r

@l3x@nd3r

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

Hey guys

Ive bought myself a Acer Aspire laptop about 3 years ago. It came pre installed with windows 7 home basic. Later on I upgraded to windows 8. This windows 8 is not activated. It still works but plus minus every 5 hours I get a notification that says I must acticate it. This is really annoying and I want to reset my computer back to its factory form (windows 7). Is that possible? Do I need any installation discs?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

Check your user guide.  Usually you'll find the procedure there.  It probably gave instructions for creating the discs to restore to factory settings there.  If you don't have those discs, contact Acer and see if they will send them to you for a small fee.  

When you've gotten your system back like you want it, I urge you to get yourself an external hard drive and a good 3rd party backup program. You can set it up to do everything automagically at the time and frequency of your choice. 1 TB external hard drives are about $60 these days and a really good FREE backup program is the Easeus Todo Backup Free.  That can save you a lot of time and frustration the next time something like this happens. Sooner or later it happens to all computers for one reason or another.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users