Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Immediately Restarting After Powering On

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 theshibk

theshibk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

After spilling a drink on my computer, I have gone through the arduous process of trying to troubleshoot and fix my computer problems. At first, the computer would run for about 10 seconds before restarting and then fail to post afterwards. To try and fix this I got a new motherboard and reinstalled everything. This made it so it would turn on, and just not post without restarting. There would be no beeps and no input to the monitor. Not sure what to do, I had a computer store diagnose it. They said that they ruled out everything except the CPU, so that the problem was probably the CPU. I went a bought a new CPU and installed it and now the computer immediately restarts (like 2 seconds after turning it on) continuously. Interestingly, if I remove the RAM, the computer will not restart but will do the 3 beeps and just not post.

Specs:

MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard

Intel i5-4440 LGA1150 Processor

CM eXtreme Power 700W Power Supply

120gb Samsung 840 Series SSD

DDR3 16gb 1866MHz Dual B Intel Extreme Master CL10 RAM

1 Tb WD10000CSRTL Green Hard Drive

Windows 8

Edited by theshibk, 12 June 2014 - 07:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

Replace the power supply

#3 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:39 PM

Did you properly install termal paste and a good cooling set up on the CPU?

Also, mjd420nova if you are gonna suggest hardware replacement atleast give a reason why, i don't know about you, but most people don't have money to throw into diagnosing issues

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

Are you trying to use the same hard drive...from your original motherboard?

Are you saying that you did a clean install of Windows?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users