Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drag and Drop to the desktop printer icon Not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rusty.Not

Rusty.Not

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

As I mentioned in my very first post, I'm an old XP hand.  I loved its D/D to the printer feature.  Apparently MS left out old, beloved features beside no DVD player.  D/D to the recycle bin does still work, as does D/D to folders.

I asked over at the Microsoft Community.  I got suggestions about creating or modifying property permissions.  I followed their suggestions, including following an external link to a very knowledgable fellow who gave step-by-step with the standard screenshots.

It didn't work.

May your greater minds and experiences lead me to the truth.

BTW  This forum engine has the best, coolest emoticons I've seen.  For instance Facebook's stink by comparison.

BBTW  I saw someplace that Tuesday's 8.1 updates bumped it to 8.1C  (or B, not D) Hey I don't absorb this stuff like I used to. :whistle:

As always  TIA

Edited by Rusty.Not, 12 June 2014 - 06:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

I have to confess I never knew about the D/D to a printer.  However File/Print almost always does work, and when it doesn't, CTRL-P does.  I don't believe I've ever seen CTRL-P fail to work.  

HTH.  Good luck. 

P.S.  I love the emoticons too.  :bounce:   :clapping:  :busy:    :bananas:  :hello:  :crazy:   :bunny2:    :cold:  :blink:  :)

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 Rusty.Not

Rusty.Not
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

I have to confess I never knew about the D/D to a printer.  However File/Print almost always does work, and when it doesn't, CTRL-P does.  I don't believe I've ever seen CTRL-P fail to work.  

HTH.  Good luck. 

P.S.  I love the emoticons too. <redacted: Too many emoticons error>

Thanks so much.  The problem with File/ Print is that sometimes it prints to the "default" printer.  As an example all versions of IE I remember always gave the "select Printer" dialog. :nono:   Even Firefox only just recently started using the dialog.  I hate it when I had to open Printers CP to change the default for one

printout..  :flamethrower:

So call me "Don Rusty" jousting for full consistency.  Some Windows programs use File> eXit and others use File> Close. :luke:(closest I could come to jousting). :dance:

Edited by Rusty.Not, 12 June 2014 - 09:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users