Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Digital Photo Editing Freeware?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 saraveza408

saraveza408

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:02 AM

can anyone give me some suggestions for a easy photo editing FREEWARE for this rookie xp user?Im tryn to take wedding pictures & crop them,maybe fuzz out the borders,or change them to black & white....a auto fix option would be great too!please & thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:52 AM

Try GIMP. It is freeware and a good program.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:03 AM

There are many basic photo editors that are free and relatively easy to use: look under graphics design and editing in this BC link to freeware:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

Two that I use are Picassa2 (from the folks at Google) and Irfanview. The former is somewhat easier to use, while the latter has more tools; both also have a picture manager. Picassa2 also alows you to make a gift CD from your pictures (a nice post-wedding present), basic fixes and colour adjustments, and standard effects, and a small set of batch editing functions.

Since they are free, there is no reason not to try both (and perhaps others in the list) and see which you prefer, or use them both for different tasks.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 28 May 2006 - 06:35 PM

Another great photo program that is totally free - and with no popups or spyware or any of those other pesky little things some freeware comes with - is PhotoFiltre.

It's very easy to use - just choose the English version to download - and even the additional plug-ins, etc are free for downloading. (And it's not a 'huge' program that will take up scads of space in your computer either).

Takes seconds to add any colour 'border' of your choosing, has 'auto fix' features and is actually fun to use - and very easy to learn.

I have 9 photo editing programs on my computer - some for graphics and some for photos and some specialized for certain things ... but this the one I use the most for quick 'auto repairs' and adding soft-edges, frames, etc.

Hope you enjoy trying this program out.

http://photofiltre.free.fr/frames_en.htm

Kind regards,
Mara
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#5 Daniel3679

Daniel3679

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:23 PM

There is a free image editing program called photobie if you type it in on google you should get some links to the download pages

Edited by Daniel3679, 20 June 2006 - 05:58 AM.

Dan - If its not broken dont fix it

Posted Image

#6 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:24 PM

I dont know if this might help much im also not %100 on this but www.Pixel2life.com has some great tutorials on a number of programs. Also one of the top ways to find out what you need is asking someone on this forum or Google.
I can only learn what i want to learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users