Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Moved All My C Drive Files Into My D Drive files and nothing works

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zac_Games

Zac_Games

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Hey, I wanted to free space for my C Drive because it only has 148 gigabytes to my D Drive cause it has 1 terabyte but then when i did so everything stopped working and now I don't know what to do, I can only get google to work through my start menu, I cant even open any files in my computer to back it up or change to factory default. If anyone knows how to fix this please Tell em :C

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

You can move DATA, but not application programs.  Even in the case of data, you have to go back and update the default locations of where the apps will expect to find it.  In the case of applications, the only way to move them from C: to another partition is to uninstall, then reinstall them.  This includes but is not limited to anything in the Program Files and Windows folders.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users