Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help PLS Display Driver Stopped responding + No Signal

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 davc

davc

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

i have instaled last drivers i tryed too old version and same problem ..
ffffff.png

and this always show me  every 10min when i play games after 3times show this then  i got black screen and  say No Signal
ffffffeffffff.png

when i playing game
davcdavc.png

w/o game open
ogjeyq.png

psu

21948xs.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

Welcome,

Can you fill in the specs on the system? A bit of background on how you got to this point might also help to understand the situation.

Thanks

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 davc

davc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Welcome,

Can you fill in the specs on the system? A bit of background on how you got to this point might also help to understand the situation.

Thanks

hi ty

2ezmus5.png

#4 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

My first suggestion would be to download the latest NVIDIA driver pack from their site.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Then uninstall the one you now have, it may be corrupt. Reboot, run Disk Cleanup or CCleaner (preferred) & then install the new driver you downloaded.

We need to determine, is it the drivers or the hardware?

And Welcome to BC Forums! :)

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#5 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

Cat,

337.88 is the latest version of the Nvidia drivers - just got it on my system last week (?).

Agreed that an uninstall, clean up, reboot and reinstall can't hurt and should confirm if the problem is hard or soft

PS:  Hi, from a another tar heel

Edited by dicke, 12 June 2014 - 08:13 PM.

Dick E

#6 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

Yes, 337.88 is indeed the latest....just auto updated Nvidia on both Windows 7 & 8.1 Pro of this MSI notebook that I'm on now this week, though I can't show the Speccy snapshot, as am on Mint 17 at the moment. 

I do know that there are two options to install, update using current settings & clean install, the update utility does all of the work. 

On this notebook though, I really cant visually see any difference, the discrete graphic card is a GeForce GT 425M (late 2010 model). Don't game either, I believe from the release notes that those who stands to gain the most are those with more recent cards. 

Good to hear from a fellow local! :)

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#7 davc

davc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:01 AM

My first suggestion would be to download the latest NVIDIA driver pack from their site.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Then uninstall the one you now have, it may be corrupt. Reboot, run Disk Cleanup or CCleaner (preferred) & then install the new driver you downloaded.

We need to determine, is it the drivers or the hardware?

And Welcome to BC Forums! :)

Cat

done all this have now last version 337.88  and here we go after 10min playing game  = No Signal

#8 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

My vote goes to a problem with the graphics card. May be heat or it may be a hardware failure.

Keep us posted

Dick E

#9 davc

davc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

some ppls sayed

(  Also why is your fan speed locked at 85%  That's a bit odd... ) but now is 35% fan speed

i will  send today back to servis   I still have warranty

Edited by davc, 13 June 2014 - 07:34 AM.

#10 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:41 AM

We have a plan! :thumbup2:

Keep us posted

Dick E

#11 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

some ppls sayed

(  Also why is your fan speed locked at 85%  That's a bit odd... ) but now is 35% fan speed

i will  send today back to servis   I still have warranty

Glad to hear you still have a warranty. Which is why I don't purchase items like this with less than 3 years of coverage, good ones aren't cheap & if the OEM can't stand behind their product for that long it's likely junk anyway. If the card is less than $150, I may accept 2 years, but would Never purchase one with 1 year or less. Those are for computers one wants to throw one in & sell. 

Let us know how it turns out. 

Cat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users