Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C&w Wireless Router

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tron3006

tron3006

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:48 AM

I have a C&W wireless router but I don't have the installation disks to go with it.

I have looked up and down the net for software with no luck.

Can anybody help me??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:32 AM

Could you give more information about the router? Full maker's name, model number, wired or wireless?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:36 AM

well, you have to log into the router first to make any changes. even before that, you should reset it (usually a small button on the bottom or back) to reset it to default values.

to log into it, you need to know the ip so.....start>run>type in "cmd" hit enter>type in "ipconfig" hit enter>you should see the gateway's ip address. this is the ip of your router.

now open up internet explorer, type in the ip address of your router, ex:192.168.x.x
this should get you into your router's copmfiguration, it may ask you for a password, most times the default password is "admin". using the information your isp gave you, go through the setup wizard to set up your internet access.

this is a atart, please post back if you need more guidance, someone will be able to help you!
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users