Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot boot into windows xp dell computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 palukaloves

palukaloves

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

I have an old dell i want to put my music harddrive into. I was able to log into windows then it froze up and now I am getting a program software error after it tries loading windows. I have tried F8 and last known config and safe mode neither work. I need a windows xp boot cd/recovery cd. My service tag is FLXSB21. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,889 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

The only thing that I can suggest at this time would be to call Dell & try to obtain a reinstall CD. It's been a few years back, they furnished me one free of charge for an old Latitude D610 that I purchased & needed to reinstall the OS on later due to massive file issues.

http://www.dell.com/support/contents/us/en/04/article/Contact-Information/Customer-Support/customer-support-phone-numbers

There is no way to legit download XP, you'll need reinstall CD.

Hopefully the folks at Dell can assist with this.

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users