Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes 2.0.2 crashes my PC at boot. MBAMSWISSARMY.SYS is the offender!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigshot77

bigshot77

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

Hi,

My computer crashes at startup, with bluescreen code "MbamSwissarmy.sys". Current version installed: 2.0.2.1012. I never experienced such a thing with MBAM v.1.75. What could be the problem? Should I revert back to the older MBAM?

See the crash log below, for details.

PC specs:

ASRock X79 Extreme 6/GB
Processor Intel Core i7-3930K, C2 stepping
Memory 64 GB 2 sets of (4x8GB) CML32GX3M4A1600C10
Video Card # 1 EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Classified
Hard Drive # 1 256GB-M4 2.5-inch SATA III, Port: SATA3_0
Hard Drive # 2 Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache, Port: SATA3_1
Optical Drive # 1 LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer, Port: SATA2_1
Power Supply Corsair Professional Series HX1050 80 Plus Silver (CMPSU-1050HX)
Sound Card Creative Sound Core3D 7.1 CH, Supports THX TruStudio PRO  
Operating System Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

I have the same version of MBAM running right now on my Windows 7 Home Premium laptop in normal mode.  Have you tried running it in Safe Mode?  If that doesn't work, try doing an SFC scan.  From an elevated command prompt type sfc /scannow.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

Well...the problem could be many things, IMO.

Uninstalling the newest version and reinstalling the prior version...may help defining the problem...I would try that.

If that fails...then it's a problem that should not be addressed to the Malwarebytes forum....let us know whether the reversion eliminates the problem..

Louis

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/process.pl?p=hecix64.sys

Edited by hamluis, 12 June 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#4 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

If mbamswissarmy.sys file is causing errors, uninstall and re-install the program. File errors are often caused by corrupted files. If you did an update from older version, there is a bigger chance of getting an error rather than uninstalling the old one and installing the latest version. If you have a pro version, you don't have to re-enter the license. That info will remain in your system and will be used in the newer installation.

Edited by badr0b0t, 12 June 2014 - 01:23 PM.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users