Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Device not recognized and no errors.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AtrumOrbis

AtrumOrbis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

Hi,

I have a barcode scanner running Windows Mobile 6.5 Classic that sits in a dock and connects to my PC via USB. I moved it to another USB port and I noticed that it wasn't connecting in Windows Mobile Device Center. Then, digging deeper, I noticed it wasn't recognized at all, as if it doesn't exist. I tested it on another PC and it works fine. I tested other USB devices on the problem PC and those work fine.

Things I've tried:

• Plugging it in to every USB port.
  • Rebooting and power flush, bother PC and mobile device.
  • Reinstalled USB drivers.
  • Reinstalled/updated chipset drivers.
  • Updated BIOS.
  • Malware/Virus scan.
  • Reinstalled WMDC.

I've noticed in the past that when moving it to another USB port, it wanted to reinstall the drivers. I've had other deviced do this and fail, but usually plugging it back in solved that. I'm assuming, though I wasn't watching the monitor when I plugged it back in, that it tried to reinstall the drivers and then failed. This is just an assumption, however. Now it's not even trying to install drivers, nor do I get any errors. Simply nothing when I plug it in to this PC.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

It would be a help to know what the make and model of the computers that do & don't work with this device as well as what version of Windows you have on them.

I don't have a barcode scanner, but I do have an ordinary scanner for paper documents, and I have to install a driver for it before plugging it into a new computer.  The concept that USB would be "plug and play" is a bit over hyped because it ignores the fact that in many cases you do have to install drivers and sometimes apps to go with the drivers.  If you don't have a CD with the right version of drivers, you should try to download from the manufacturer's web site.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users