Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win update error # 800736BC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GuitarFiend

GuitarFiend

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

Ran Windows update on 6/11/2014.There were 9 important updates to be installed.It seems that all but one were successful.Have re-booted several times and tried again.Still,no luck.The KB article # is KB2965788.I receive the error code #800736BC.I have run system file checker and tried a clean boot.Neither helped.I've TRIED to run the System Update Readiness Tool but,when I try to download the tool,NOTHING happens after I click on the download link. I haven't ran any (manual) scans lately.I've got Avast antivirus set to automatic and it runs in real time also.So,I really don't do manual scans really very often at all.As well as Windows Defender...that is also set to auto and running in real time (I think.Pretty certain). I've updated Malwarebytes but,have not run a scan yet.Wondering what you guys might think ??? As always,all help greatly appreciated. I just checked winupdate on my mothers Windows 7 pc also.And,it also failed some updates.It had 8.But,after restart I was able to get her updates to install.I'm also wondering now,if I could go back and uninstall those updates and try again with maybe not allowing that one to install with the others ? I tried to upload my zipped cbs fil too,but,it appears it's too big ?? Hmmm.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

When you get one of those cryptic error codes, the thing to do is to go the the MS web site and search on it.  This gives

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/results.aspx?q=800736BC .  They give explanations and suggestions of what to do there.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 GuitarFiend

GuitarFiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

And,guess what...been there,done that.....NO HELP !  :( Seems others have been having this problem for years as well.And,(imagine this) no help from microbleep

#4 GuitarFiend

GuitarFiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:10 AM

Hi,again folks.I still have not resolved this problem and Windows continues to tell me about this update.It gives me the error code I mentioned above AND...it points me to a NON-EXISTANT KB # ??? The article # it points me to is KB 2965788.Additionally,I have been receiving (for about a month now) a pop up stating that "Additional log on info may be require.Click to open your browser". Well,my browser is already open when I receive this notification (FF).I've assumed that maybe it was referring to IE,so,I've clicked on it before and nothing happens (this is just extra info)..Also,lately when I reboot,I've been having to go into the synaptics touchpad settings and re-set the two finger scrolling,which has also disappeared from my system tray.PLEASE...ANYONE-HELP ????? I've tried NUMEROUS things I've found online to remedy the update problem to no avail :( :( :( The other problems I have not really investigated as yet.ANYONE.....PLEASE.....HELLLLLLLPPPPPPP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users