My antivirus Avast free and Zone Alarm free both helped stopped a rogue encryption program from encrypting and hijacking all of my files.
Do you run Avast free and Zone Alarm free, both as Active Antivirus programs ?? or Antivirus and Firewall programs ??
Sorry, but this is just written in a slightly confusing way -
Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -
How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- Full Directions Here (only post the link)
Check your programs -
Your Antivirus must have some record of the infections halted or encountered during scans ........
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 220.127.116.110 has now been upgraded to Version 2.0.2
Please follow Removal and Update methods.. (link is to Malwarebytes site) if required -
Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.
There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.
iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/
* Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
* A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
* If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
* Do not reboot until instructed.
* If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.
When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.
Post it in your next reply.
NOTE. RKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.
* Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop
* Double click the desktop icon, Select language, then agree to terms, click Run,
* Click Next
* Next then finally click Install
** Uncheck Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium if you do not want the free trial of the paid version, then click Finish
* If you are notified the Database is out of date click Update Now
* Click Scan Now >>
** Note: If Malwarebytes will not launch please do the following to launch Malwarebytes Chameleon:
* Click Start (Start, Search, All files and folders for Windows XP) then type mbam
* Double click one of the four following files (if one does not work try the next one, and so on) - A black command window will open. Follow those instructions until the Malwarebytes program starts the scan
** When completed click the down arrow on Export Log and select Text file (*.txt)
* Save the file to your desktop as MBAM
* Click Apply Actions then restart your computer, if requested
* Copy and Paste the contents of MBAM.txt in your reply
Please post back with -
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log
and how your cpmputer is performing -
Edited by noknojon, 12 June 2014 - 07:19 AM.