Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iplayer and You Tube freezes - tried everything!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Flybar

Flybar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:31 AM

Good morning, first post here and hoping someone might have an idea what to do.

BBC iplayer and You Tube videos started going slowly about 3 months ago. Now I can't watch anything after about 15 minutes or so as they start to freeze.

I took it to my local computer experts from where I bought the Fujitsu about 2 years ago. They cleaned everything up and got rid of 3Gb worth of temporary internet files. I had already run an anti-malware programme and I have good anti-virus protection. They watched a video on it for an hour and a half after they'd cleaned it with no problems. Got it back home yesterday and same thing again: no improvement.

My study is 15 feet from the hub. All the rest of the family's laptops work perfectly. My wife uses her laptop at the other end of the house and it works very well. Last night I conducted an experiment: I got my son's cheap note book, placed it next to my laptop for comparison and played the same video through his note book and my laptop (mountain stage of the 1984 Tour de France!). His worked perfectly for an hour. Mine started freezing again after 10 - 15 minutes. My local computer experts can't find anything wrong - anybody got any ideas, PLEASE!

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

Hi Flybar and :welcome: to the Bleeping Computer Community :)

A  bad or faulty hard drive can make unusual symptoms and results so it might be worth running the hard drive diagnostics first before proceeding with software as the next culprit. Do you see also the problem on all browsers such as IE, Firefox, Chrome when in youtube? What antivirus and browser versions are installed?

Download SecurityCheck.exe from Here

. Run SecurityCheck and follow the instruction from inside the code box.
. When the scan is finished, a notepad will automatically open as check.txt

Please copy and paste the contents here on your next reply.

Download MiniToolBox and run the program. Select
List Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size then click Go.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Edited by jhayz, 12 June 2014 - 09:16 PM.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users