Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

connecting two computers one 32bit one 64bit

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hoseini

hoseini

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:42 AM

is possible to connect a pc win7 32bit to a laptop win7 64bit and how?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,030 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

In a word... why?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 wing987

wing987

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

are you trying to connect via network? In that case both are equally compatible. If you are trying to run two systems in tandum...I agree with dc3.....WHY?

-- Windows 7 Ultimate on custom built system, Windows 10 on under powered laptop. Sophos UTM 9, Ubuntu Server and Windows Server 2008 R2. HyperV Virtualization --

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality," John F. Kennedy

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

Yes it is possible.  How depends on why.

You can use an existing network.

You can use a USB Transfer Cable

Crossover cable - How to

There are more, but these are the more common methods of connecting two computers.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

The versions of Windows...have little to do with being able to network the two systems.  This system reflects XP32-bit and Win7 64-bit...and is networked with another desktop reflecting the same.

As asked before...what it is that you really want to achieve/accomplish?

Louis

#6 hoseini

hoseini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:37 PM

thanks for all the replies. I only was not sure that this would be compatible.

My son laptop( win7 64bit) contains a university study project 86gb. He just wanted to keep a back up of this by transferring it to an external hard drive.But unfortunately his laptop can not recognize the external hard (WD elements model buzg5000abk-04),I checked through device manager and saw that the computer recognize it but something is wrong with the driver, tried to reinstall it but facing with the message "access denied". Since this driver should be inherently exist in win7 I assumed it has been damaged or corrupted so tried to find and download it from WD website,because of my bad luck they had almost all the driver software downloadable except my model, I found out later that this problem exist on virtually many win7 64bit. eventually I decided to connect his laptop to my PC 32bit and transfer his files (which is very important for him). I intended to use a usb transfer cable and manage the connection addresses and do the job but at the last minutes my son asked me are you sure that connecting 32bit to 64bit doas not cause an explosion or something like that? so I posted this to be confident that I will not do a dangerous job. thanks again for the good advises.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users