Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs crashing due to graphics drivers

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 LOLZguy712

LOLZguy712

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:38 AM

Hi,

Recently I updated my graphics drivers, and now certain programs like photoshop, and sony vegas, immediately crash after I open them. Is there way that I can reset, or reinstall my graphics drivers to fix this? I am sure that this program IS indeed because of my graphics drivers.

(Note: There could be other programs that crash, however photoshop, and sony vegas are the only ones that I have noticed so far)

I'm using:

Intel HD graphics 4000, and Radeon HD 7670M.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,318 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:46 AM

You should be able to Roll Back the driver in Device ManagerRollBack_zps00792315.jpg

#3 LOLZguy712

LOLZguy712
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:44 PM

You should be able to Roll Back the driver in Device ManagerRollBack_zps00792315.jpg

So, I should roll back both of the drivers? Or just the Intel HD 4000?

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,318 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

Do you have two video cards installed?  If so I'd roll back or uninstall the Radeon drivers first, reboot and test.

#5 LOLZguy712

LOLZguy712
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Do you have two video cards installed?  If so I'd roll back or uninstall the Radeon drivers first, reboot and test.

Alright, I'll try to roll back the radeon driver.

#6 LOLZguy712

LOLZguy712
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Alright, so I tried to roll it back, but I couldn't. The button is grayed out, the Intel one is greyed out too.

Any other suggestions?

#7 LOLZguy712

LOLZguy712
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

Alright, so I tried to roll it back, but I couldn't. The button is grayed out, the Intel one is greyed out too.

Any other suggestions?

#8 joshmartin

joshmartin

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

Just go to device manager & uninstall the drivers for both. Check C:\ to look for any remaining folders related to your graphics drivers. If clear, then either A) Check device manager to find drivers or EDIT:( B ) lol  B) Go to manufac. website and download drivers. 

Edited by joshmartin, 18 June 2014 - 06:49 AM.

#9 LOLZguy712

LOLZguy712
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

Just go to device manager & uninstall the drivers for both. Check C:\ to look for any remaining folders related to your graphics drivers. If clear, then either A) Check device manager to find drivers or EDIT:( B ) lol  B) Go to manufac. website and download drivers. 

Is it safe to uninstall the drivers?

When I look for them in device driver, do I just do "Update driver software"?

#10 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:10 AM

Create a restore point, just in case.

How did you update your drivers last time?

Edited by HairCut, 19 June 2014 - 08:13 AM.

#11 LOLZguy712

LOLZguy712
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

Create a restore point, just in case.

How did you update your drivers last time?

From device manager.

#12 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

If you update your driver from the same source you will get the same driver which has just been removed and is possibly causing the problems.

First I would try the Computer manufacturer's website, find your product and download the drivers for your Graphics devices.

Create a restore point.

Then un-install your graphics drivers

reboot

Then install the drivers you just downloaded.

If that doesn't work go back to the restore point if necessary.

Then go to Intel and use their scanner/auto detect, and then go to AMD driver auto detect. The drivers will be detected and you should be able to download the latest drivers.

#13 LOLZguy712

LOLZguy712
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

If you update your driver from the same source you will get the same driver which has just been removed and is possibly causing the problems.

First I would try the Computer manufacturer's website, find your product and download the drivers for your Graphics devices.

Create a restore point.

Then un-install your graphics drivers

reboot

Then install the drivers you just downloaded.

If that doesn't work go back to the restore point if necessary.

Then go to Intel and use their scanner/auto detect, and then go to AMD driver auto detect. The drivers will be detected and you should be able to download the latest drivers.

When I uninstall the drivers, should I tick "Uninstall software for this driver"?

#14 HairCut

HairCut

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

I should have said: first try updating your drivers to the drivers you have downloaded (from the computer manufacturer or the graphics device manufacturer)

Your existing drivers will be replaced unless they are newer than the drivers you are wanting to install

If the drivers are newer and they are not updated then yes, tick: "Uninstall software for this driver"

#15 LOLZguy712

LOLZguy712
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

I should have said: first try updating your drivers to the drivers you have downloaded (from the computer manufacturer or the graphics device manufacturer)

Your existing drivers will be replaced unless they are newer than the drivers you are wanting to install

If the drivers are newer and they are not updated then yes, tick: "Uninstall software for this driver"

Before I install the new drivers, should I delete the AMD folder in C:\?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users