Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No sound after system restore

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stewtang

stewtang

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:35 PM

I'm running windows 8.1 on Toshiba Qosmio X875.  My computer kept crashing after trying to install Sabrent display adapter.  I booted into recovery and did a system restore.  Everything works fine now except the sound.  I have visited Toshiba's website and downloaded the most recent Realtek drivers.  When I install I get the error  "HD Audio Driver Failure error code: 0xC0000374".  If I go to device manager it shows realtek but with an error next to it.  If I look under playback devices nothing is listed.  I have deleted the drivers and tried letting the computer install them automatically but that doesn't work either.  Two solutions I have seen were to disable and delete Microsoft UAA HD bus driver, but that is nowhere to be found on my machine and the other solution was to enable on board audio in Bios, but that optioin doesn't appear in UEFI.

Any idea how I can fix this issue?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

In Control Panel>>> Sound>>> Playback tab,  right-click and select "Show Disabled Devices". If anything appears, right-click on it and select "Enable".

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#3 stewtang

stewtang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:04 PM

Still shows no audio devices are installed.  Both "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices" are selected.

#4 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

Go back to the support site again and install the Realtek Audio Driver only and not the HD Audio Driver.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3478714

Edited by badr0b0t, 11 June 2014 - 10:11 PM.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#5 stewtang

stewtang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

Even after I install it, it shows up as realtek high definition audio.

Still no sound

#6 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:26 AM

Yeah. I think you've done enough. It's time. Restore.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users