I am having difficulties installing .net framework 3.5 sp1
Here are the steps I have tried.
1. Reinstalling .net framework fails and tells me to enable it in windows features. When I try it fails.
2. Running . net framework cleanup tool. Issue repeats after startup
3. .net verifier gives me the following log
4. Official Microsoft repair tool. Which suggests the following solutions
Reregister Windows Installer service
Unregisters and re-registers the Windows Installer service using MsiExec.exe. Applicable regardless of the diagnosis results.
Restart Windows Installer service
Stops and restarts the Windows Installer service. Applicable regardless of the diagnosis results.
5. After the repair tool fixes these problems. I am still having issues. I click next and it suggests to reinstall .net 4.5 and then reinstalling .net 3.5 sp1. The setup gives me "Setup Error" with no code or summary. After finally finding the log this is the error code
[06/11/14,20:14:32] VS Scenario:  CSupportedPlatformCheck failed : You must use "Turn Windows features on or off" in the Control Panel to install or configure Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. [06/11/14,20:14:33] VS Scenario:  Failed to pass the Warnings/Blocks checks in CVSScenario::Start()
6. After being unable to turn on the .net framework from the "Turn windows features on or off", I attemped to disable and then enable NetFX3 using cmd prompt and it completes successfully.
After all of the earlier steps I re-ran the Verifier and received the same log.
The Programs I am trying to run are the following Open Broadcast Service and also Morvox Stingingbee.
OBS is free but I have purchased Morvox and it works fine on another pc.
Here is a Speccy Snapshot of my PC. Shouldn't need this, but I figure it couldn't hurt. http://speccy.piriform.com/results/DsCAFiEOb1TBM6gfppuafM5