Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.net 3.5 SP1 will not install / turn on

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bluemagma

bluemagma

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

I am having difficulties installing .net framework 3.5 sp1

Here are the steps I have tried.

1. Reinstalling .net framework fails and tells me to enable it in windows features. When I try it fails.

2. Running . net framework cleanup tool. Issue repeats after startup

3. .net verifier gives me the following log

http://pastebin.com/z0kkDaVq

4. Official Microsoft repair tool.  Which suggests the following solutions

Reregister Windows Installer service
Unregisters and re-registers the Windows Installer service using MsiExec.exe. Applicable regardless of the diagnosis results.

Restart Windows Installer service
Stops and restarts the Windows Installer service. Applicable regardless of the diagnosis results.

5. After the repair tool fixes these problems. I am still having issues. I click next and it suggests to reinstall .net 4.5 and then reinstalling .net 3.5 sp1. The setup gives me "Setup Error" with no code or summary. After finally finding the log this is the error code

[06/11/14,20:14:32] VS Scenario: [2] CSupportedPlatformCheck failed : You must use "Turn Windows features on or off" in the Control Panel to install or configure Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
[06/11/14,20:14:33] VS Scenario: [2] Failed to pass the Warnings/Blocks checks in CVSScenario::Start()

6. After being unable to turn on the .net framework from the "Turn windows features on or off", I attemped to disable and then enable NetFX3 using cmd prompt and it completes successfully.

After all of the earlier steps I re-ran the Verifier and received the same log.

The Programs I am trying to run are the following Open Broadcast Service and also Morvox Stingingbee.

OBS is free but I have purchased Morvox and it works fine on another pc.

Here is a Speccy Snapshot of my PC. Shouldn't need this, but I figure it couldn't hurt. http://speccy.piriform.com/results/DsCAFiEOb1TBM6gfppuafM5

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

Basic question.  Why do you need to do this?  If you don't have a good reason, I'd say don't worry about it.  Every time I've needed one of these .net things, they've installed automatically.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 bluemagma

bluemagma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

Basic question.  Why do you need to do this?  If you don't have a good reason, I'd say don't worry about it.  Every time I've needed one of these .net things, they've installed automatically.

I am unable to install needed programs. They basically keep telling me to install .net 3.5 sp1

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

According to Aaron Stebner's WebLog if sfc /scannow doesn't fix .Net 3.5.1 in Win 7 (embedded OS component in 7) you're likely looking at an OS reinstall.

#5 bluemagma

bluemagma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

I will give that a try. A reinstall of the OS is not an option. My pc didn't come with a cd. :(

#6 bluemagma

bluemagma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

Problem resolved. I ended up just formatting. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users