Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Server Standard setting it back to Workgroup instead of Domain

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nato85

nato85

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

Hi Guys

Will apologise in advance for the vagueness of what I am about to ask.

First of all, I will tell you what I have, and what I have done/planned to do.

I have a server that is running Windows Server Standard. It has Active Directory installed and the client PC's are connected to the domain.

I have removed all of the PC's from the domain and set them back to Workgroup as a domain is no longer needed.

What I want to do is have the computer back onto a workgroup instead of having a domain.

I have done some research but its better to ask the experts. What do I need to do in order to do this, and what will I need to know before I do this.

I intend on setting up brand new user accounts as I have read by doing this it will delete all the user accounts, will I still have access to the Administrator account after I have removed it from the domain?
Hi Guys

I have a server that is running Windows Server Standard. It has Active Directory installed and the client PC's are connected to the domain.

I have removed all of the PC's from the domain and set them back to Workgroup as a domain is no longer needed.

What I want to do is have the computer back onto a workgroup instead of having a domain.

I have done some research but its better to ask the experts. What do I need to do in order to do this, and what will I need to know before I do this.

I intend on setting up brand new user accounts as I have read by doing this it will delete all the user accounts, will I still have access to the Administrator account after I have removed it from the domain?

Hi Guys

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

Is this repeated spam? if not just demote the server by using dcpromo /forceremoval or just dcpromo and go through the steps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users