Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Found it on the web - Interesting stuff

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 auto1571

auto1571

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

I found some interesting stuff that I think some of you might find interesting. Here goes.

Have you ever heard the expression "The hair of the dog?" Well this has it's origins in people once using a rabid dogs hair as a solution to them getting bit by that dog. This is just an example of some of the things you can find at The Phrase Finder.

Did you know that a great deal of what you have heard is in fact fiction or otherwise unbelievably true? Head over to Truth Or Fiction - you may be surprised.

25 Fun Google Tricks is a great place to visit for you Google search lovers. It covers things such as Google gravity, Google Chuck Norris, and much more.

For the exposition of tons of myths, urban legends, folklore rumours, etc head over to Snopes.

Learn about all the latest Internet scams, hoaxes, bogus warnings and more at Hoax Slayer. This site has been exposing millions of stuff since 2003 - a very resourceful site indeed.

For you comic lovers you might like Cover Browser. You will find more than 450, 000 comic books and more listed here.

To learn about places to see before you die and many of which you probably never knew existed then take a look at 33 Unbelievable Places and Place You Probably Never Knew Existed.

Do you want to know about what was going on in a particular year? Then enter a year into What Happened In My Birth Year?. It does not have to be the year you were born. A good resource I must say for serious quiz goers.

Did you know that Oysters can change gender and back again? Did you also know that Tomato Ketchup can help prevent heart disease more than actual tomatoes. These a just a couple of example that you can find at Completely Useless Facts, Fact Slides, Fun Facts and Real Facts.

Would you like to watch a movie to make you laugh, think, cry or clap? Then Films To is the place for you.

Do you think you have what it takes to pass or get a high IQ score? Then why not try, just for fun, trying out BBC Test The Nation and/or try out Free Mensa Intelligence Tests.

If you would like to read or print digital public domain books online then visit Authorama.

If you would like to know the history of certain websites and view cached pages then you might want to go to The Way Back Machine. This site currently has 412 Billion web pages saved over time.

Well that's all I got. I hope at least some of you liked it. Also feel free to add your own.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:30 AM

Play some ancient console games (Atari 2600, Atari 7800, ColecoVision, Magnavox Odysey, Astrocade, SG-1000, and many more)  in your web browser The Console Living Room

Play the old Infocom text adventures online at Play Infocom Adventures Online

Open your wallet and find that must have item at Dude I Want That.com Not all items safe for work viewing

Read humorous tech support stories at Not Always Right and Tech Tales

Edited by Kilroy, 12 June 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#3 auto1571

auto1571
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

Thanks Kilroy. I will look at those later on today.

#4 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,725 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

For fans of perpetual motion/free energy/over unity, may I direct you to the "Museum of Unworkable Devices":

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/unwork.htm

Derfram
~~~~~~

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,894 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:35 PM

Draw a stickman.

http://www.drawastickman.com/

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#6 auto1571

auto1571
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

Excellent. Some more stuff to add to my ever ongoing list of bookmarks. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users