Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

converting .flv file into link

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 godzilla1347

godzilla1347

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

Video is new to me. I was looking to convert a link to a tiny URL but the source had dried up so I had used video download helper to save the file to my computer using VLC player

The problem is that it's a 12 MB file and not all ISP's will allow files that size sent as attachments.

What I had wanted to do is simply extract that video from a Utube video and create a tiny url link for it but couldn't understand how to use Video Download Helper to create a link after extracting the file from Utube.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:17 AM

sounds like you're just trying to send someone a 12megabyte file, conversion has nothing to do with it really. your ISP has no say in what size of attachment you can send (or what size the receiver can download) but if your email client won't do it then simply use a gmail address for this purpose. gmail(when i last tried to send a large file as an attachment)accepts normal attachments of 20 megabytes above that it uses google drive systems which are still accessible to receivers with a non-gmail address. or you could use something like mediafire, though it has loads of pop-ups, to give them a link to where you have uploaded the file. i guess tiny URL is a link shortening service, which sounds pretty unneccesary to me when you can send the receiver a full length link to a mediafire page or just use a temporary gmail address to send the file. you can also just use a zip or 7z file to  make the video a little smaller for emailing. if the flv format itself is a problem then vlc should be able to convert from that to something more universal like avi(though that usually leads to bigger files).

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users