Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ddlml.exe ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Whoshotya

Whoshotya

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:32 PM

Hi, I have a process running called DLLML.exe, it takes 33,720K Mem Usage.
I googled it and nothing came up... so im guessing its a virus, i scanned my computer for it and couldnt find it.
Should i remove this ? if so how

Thanks

edit: and i scanned with Panda Titanium Antivirus and it said i have nothing... but that doesnt mean anything

Edited by Whoshotya, 26 May 2006 - 11:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 01:49 AM

Hello Whoshotya and welcome to Bleeping Computer!
dllml.exe is not normally a virus, but it is part of the Creative DLL Module Loader. It is not essential that you have it running at all times, but, it seems to be using a bit too much memory.
There are, however, some viruses that disguise themselves as this file. The giveaway is that these viruses are found in the c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder.
I would therefore recommend that you look in the two above folders, to see if dllml.exe is present. If it is, you have a virus, if not, it is legitimate.

Hope this helps,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Whoshotya

Whoshotya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:06 AM

theres was no ddlml in my windows folder, so i guess its not a virus.
Thanks a lot for the help.

#4 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:42 AM

Okay, glad I was able to help :thumbsup:

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users