Yesterday, I was in the middle of downloading a huge file sent to me by a friend, so I turned off the monitor (this is a dekstop) while I grabbed a bite to eat. When I turned the monitor back on maybe about 20 minutes later, I was surprised that it shutdown. When I powered it back, I found I was stuck in the infinite loop on restart.
Looking around online using my phone, I was able to find out what the error/stop message was, and it was:
STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF9A97E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)
Things that I already tried on my own and the result.
1. Put in my Windows 7 installation DVD, and tried Startup repair. It didn't work. It said that it couldn't repair things automatically.
2. Did a system restore to an old restore point - 2 weeks ago.
3. Did a chkdsk /r. Didn't help out.
4. Did the bootrec commands. I did an automatic startup repair after this, it said that it didn't detect any problems with the computer, then it had me restart. Afterwards, when I restart, the error would recur.
5. Did the commands for DISKPART. After doing this, I found that I can now go into RE from the desktop. So I put away the installation DVD. The problem still persists though.
I tried steps 1 - 4 more than once, but nothing's working.
In any case, here's what the problem details say from my latest startup repair error message:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200279
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 8
Problem Signature 07: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
As for the Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log:
Last successful boot time: 6/10/2014 8:47:30 AM (GMT)
Number of repair attempts: 8
System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0
Windows directory = C:\Windows
AutoChk Run = 0
Number of root causes = 1
(everything as an error code = 0x0) except this:
Root cause found: Startup Repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem.
Thank you in advance, everyone. I'm hoping that this can still be fixed, otherwise, reinstalling would be such a pain.