Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I've dug myself a hole that seems to be caving in on me...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 VioD

VioD

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

Hey everyone.

Let me start by saying that I'm new to the forum, but I've spent some time the last couple weeks reading several threads on this and several other sites in hopes to better understanding how to myself and my private information stored on my personal and business networks. That said, I feel like I'm digging myself into a hole and finding it very difficult to climb my way out...

I was extremely involved in computers in the early '90's, but I've lost touch over the years. I still spend an enormous amount of time on them, but more for business and basic entertainment. With that, my current goal is setting up proper security and encryption for my networks, and possibly a bit of anonymity.

My network includes two laptops (1x Windows 8.1, 1x Windows 7), three desktops (2x Vista, 1x XP), one android based phone, one iPhone 5, two wireless printers, a six line VoiP system, and an external network hard drive with cloud capabilities. 

If anyone has any suggested threads or specific advice and where to begin with encryption and security, I would be more than grateful. Thanks for having me, and I hope I can contribute a little something myself.

-Vio

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users