Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gone Madd, Please help..."Hijack This" says Everyones in here.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sinamons2013

Sinamons2013

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:55 AM

I have wiped this computer clean at least 11 times in less than a year, My "Airplane Mode" just turned itself on  at times. I could not make a complete set of Recovery Disc, something changed the format on all my videos, some have just audio no visua. Updates always had an error, or said run as Admin but would not allow. I ran "Hijack This" tonight after reading about it on this site. I'm pretty lost trying to figure out the report but did see that there was a hijacker, trojans & I don't know what else. I followed the instructions and it said "could not Analyze" no internet connection, I was online at the time. It gave me manual instructions to go to Start type NotepadC;\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. It says not found. I am in the fight of my life trying to charge the nursing home that killed my mother and change state laws, most all of my research and correspondents are through this computer. I  thought I was somewhat knowledable with computers but i'm just at the end of my rope. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

Hello, if you have an HJT log post it with a DDS log from here..

Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

HijackThis only scans certain areas of a computer's system/registry to help diagnose the presence of undetected malware in known hiding places. Given the sophistication of malware hiding techniques used by attackers in today's environment, HijackThis is limited in its ability to detect infection and generate a report outside these known hiding places. This limitation has made its usefulness nearly obsolete since a HijackThis log cannot reveal all the malware residing on a computer. As such, HijackThis has been replaced by other preferred tools like DDS, OTL and RSIT that provide comprehensive logs with specific details about more areas of a computer's system, files, folders and registry keys which may have been modified by malware infection.

Please follow the instructions by boopme and post a DDS log in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users