Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

galaxy S3 battery gets really hot

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 goxinn

goxinn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:22 AM

My battery gets really hot and then my S3 shuts down. I haven't noticed any physical damage. Is it a refurbished phone? I need a new battery or a new phone?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 takedown2

takedown2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

I had the problem fixed in a brand new, out of the box GS3. And it came back recently. I would contact Samsung and see if they can help you.

#3 Quevvy

Quevvy

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Is it a refurbished phone?

That's more for you to answer. Where did you buy it from? And do you know what condition it was in when you bought it?

Regardless, the S3 is more than 2 years old. Batteries will get old. If you remove the back cover, and take out the battery, do you notice any swelling of the battery? Or are the contacts that connect the battery corroded? If the battery's contacts are corroded, getting a new battery will help, but if the phone's contacts are corroded, it may be a larger issue.

Has it been water damaged? There is a sticker that turns from white to red when exposed to water. Here's a guide to check on an S3: 

#4 Snackers

Snackers

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

I currently have a S3 for about two years now and it overheats as well however this happens after certain applications are active for a period of time for example Google maps. However, you could try a new battery out as well since you had it for so long you could try a new battery out as well such as the one here

#5 MrFlippers

MrFlippers

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:24 AM

Make sure you Close "ANY" App Processes after using a App.

I recommend you Download "CleanMaster" from the Android Store. Its 100% Free.

It Stops "ALL" Un-Needed Processes.

#6 painfullregistry

painfullregistry

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:41 PM

I have read that this is nothing to worry about,and has to do with internal processes at times useing a lot of cpu power and subsequent battery drain. You can hold power button down until a window pops up,then touch restart to close all apps and restart with only those needed at the moment. There are a lot of background processes going on,so if you want to save data and battery,you can go into usage from settings and click on each app to stop background usage,but this may cause some apps to respond a little differently,like Google now ,or maps,etc.

Edited by painfullregistry, 08 September 2014 - 10:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users