Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot access my computer because of password

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 katouriann

katouriann

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

I cannot access my windows 7 laptop. The password suddenly does not work anymore is there any thing I can do to fix this?

margiedogholdingshoe2.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

FWIW

Read this post  HERE

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 katouriann

katouriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:48 AM

I read the article, but all the searches I have done, they assume I can get past the password to to any of the things it suggests...When the computer starts, the first thing that comes up is the place that I have to put the password in, I can't get any further.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

Is this a Windows Login Password or it is a BIOS password that appears before Windows loads.

#5 Lakas

Lakas

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:28 PM

If it is the Windows Login Password you can use OPHcrack

#6 wing987

wing987

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

Lets try to avoid the use of a crack to get past the pssword screen  Maybe you could try this option instead: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/102552-built-administrator-enable-winre.html

Once you are able to get in, you can change your password for your account back to normal.

did you need more detailed instructions on how that can be accomplished?

Edited by wing987, 11 June 2014 - 01:45 PM.

-- Windows 7 Ultimate on custom built system, Windows 10 on under powered laptop. Sophos UTM 9, Ubuntu Server and Windows Server 2008 R2. HyperV Virtualization --

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality," John F. Kennedy

#7 katouriann

katouriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

It is obviously before windows loads since I can't load windows....

#8 katouriann

katouriann
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Thank you all for your input.  I tried everything but nothing I did would work.  Finally my husband did some research and ended up taking the computer apart and followed the instructions he found and it worked. It really was the same thing as taking the cmos battery out and putting it back in to reset things, but this particular computer didn't have that so he did something else.  Now everything is ok..

Edited by hamluis, 13 June 2014 - 07:27 AM.

#9 lynxster85

lynxster85

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

search for

PC Login Now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users