Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer does not boot up.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nickautomatic

nickautomatic

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

I have noticed that the green light still lit up but the usual red blinking did not show anymore. There was also 3 beeps. The monitor had just "no signal". Everything was plugged in properly.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:36 PM

Hello and Welcome To Bleeping Computer.

Before anyone can assist you, can you please provide us with as much information about your computer system as is possible?

Make, model number, operating system and anything else you can think of that is important for us to know, such as any internal hardware you are aware of.

Bruce.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

Those beeps are a code that will tell you what the problem is.  However before we can help you, you'll need to provide the info MrBruce1959 mentioned.  The codes vary depending on make and model of your computer and whether they're long or short beeps.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#4 nickautomatic

nickautomatic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

All right. I do not have that computer as of now. However, I have another computer running windows XP professional SP 2. ASRock 775I65G with P4 3.0 ghz and 1GB of RAM. Now, there are application that I want to install but it does not accept the OS it runs. Is it possible to upgrade the OS into windows 7? According to the ASROCK's website, the metioned motherboard only runs  windows XP professional SP or 2 below.

#5 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:59 PM

Several humps in the road for Windows 7.  First would be drivers.  If you can't get them from Asrock, that's going to be a stumbling block because normally you need to get them from the mobo manufacturer.  Next is the matter of memory.  While 1 GB meets the minimal requirements, you'd have to be some kind of masochist to run Windows 7 in that little RAM.   :axe:  I'd recommend you try Mint or Ubuntu Linux.  They run well on XP type computers, and they just boot up and run on almost all.  They both have Windows like user interfaces and they come with Firefox and LibreOffice built into them.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#6 nickautomatic

nickautomatic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

Thank you for that information. And to my main concern, I will just write back when I get those information needed. I appreciate your help. (y)

Edited by nekoray, 17 June 2014 - 08:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users