Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube troubles

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 enfant terrible

enfant terrible

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

Whenever I try to load youtube videos, they only load about half the time. The other half of the time I just get a black screen with that little white circle that goes around and around. It just keeps going around and around and around and the video never loads. This is happening in both firefox and chrome and it seems to be always happening on the same videos. It only happens on youtube; I never have any trouble with any other video content like Hulu, Vimeo ot Netflix instant.

Can someone explain what the hell is going on here? Is there a chance it's actually a problem with the Youtube site and not my computer or connection? TIA for an help anyone can give.

Edited by enfant terrible, 10 June 2014 - 06:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

If it only happens at that one site...well, that should be self-explanatory for where/when the problem manifests itslef.

What about downloaed videos on your hard drive...any problem playing those?

Louis

#3 enfant terrible

enfant terrible
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:45 PM

If it only happens at that one site...well, that should be self-explanatory for where/when the problem manifests itslef.

If the problem was on youtube's end, then presumably a lot of other people would be talking about it as well. After all, youtube is the most popular video site in the world with millions of users. I googled around for information about this problem and found no evidence of that. That's why I'm skeptical that it's a problem with youtube, even though all the evidence semms to point that way.

What about downloaed videos on your hard drive...any problem playing those?

I don't have any videos on my hard drive. I have had no problems playing DVDs, though.

#4 enfant terrible

enfant terrible
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

Incidentally, here is one of the videos that won't load for me:

Is it loading for you?

#5 Gotcha_Hotshot22

Gotcha_Hotshot22

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

Works for me! Your encoder may be malfunctioning, but I rarely see that with my clients so I doubt it.

Thanks,

Daniel

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

Another member had a similar if not the same problem. Try the fix that member used in the link below.

internet explorer saying page cannot be displayed - Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications

Also use Ccleaner to clean up the temp files, caches, logs and third party/ ad/ tracking cookies. Pay close attention while

installing and be sure to uncheck any offers of toolbars...especially Yahoo.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 enfant terrible

enfant terrible
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

Also use Ccleaner to clean up the temp files, caches, logs and third party/ ad/ tracking cookies. Pay close attention while

installing and be sure to uncheck any offers of toolbars...especially Yahoo.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Just did this and it seems to have resolved the problem. I actually already had CC cleaner downloaded to my 'puter; can't believe I didn't think to use it before posting here. Thanks, all, for your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users