Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire m5910 network connection problems

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 danielr421

danielr421

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

HI, i have a acer aspire m5910 series. The internet was working fine for the last 3 years, but about a week ago the computer couldn't connect to the internet, saying it has "limited connection". Then when i troubleshoot it it says that i have a wireless network adapter problem! Can you please me? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

Hi danielr421 and :welcome: to the Bleeping Computer Community :)

What other steps have you taken in resolving the problem? Do you see the problem on other devices when this happen? Try power cycling the router including the computer and see if the problem persist.

Tekken

#3 danielr421

danielr421
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

Thank You. I have tried plugging the internet cable into the computer. This doesn't happen on any other devices. What do you mean by power cycling

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

By power cycling means turning off the modem/router  for atleast a couple of minutes then powering again and with regards to the computer, a restart or reboot. Since its a desktop also, have you tried checking the internal casing for any dust including the LAN adapter. Might need reseatting including cleaning the gold contacts (wiht pencil eraser) just to make sure its not slightly loose and dirty. Another direct test would also be changing the LAN cable or use another available port form the router.

Tekken

#5 danielr421

danielr421
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

Ok. I rebooted the computer and the router/modem several times with no results. There is no dust because the computer is kept clean.

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

You can download the LAN adapter by Acer driver support site using a working computer and a flash drive in order to transfer and reinstall the network adapter. Then go to device manager and go to LAN adapter and right-click uninstall the driver. Do not reboot. Look for the wifi driver installer of which you would need to transfer from USB flash to your hard drive then run the file. Reboot and then check the connection. IF nothing happens, go back to device manager and remove again the new driver and reboot and let Windows install the generice driver. Let us know of any results. :thumbup2: 

Tekken

#7 danielr421

danielr421
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

i will try to do that. How do you look for the wifi driver installer?

#8 danielr421

danielr421
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:45 PM

I am sorry to say that the driver update didn't work. Bummer :(

#9 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

Try to release then renew the IP address while connected on LAN then reboot. See here. Any changes?

Alternatively, try Net winsock reset command in command prompt and then reboot.

Another direct test would also be changing the LAN cable or use another available port form the router.

If nothing happens still, using a working computer again together with a flash drive to transfer the software and logs.

Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.
When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.
A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

Tekken

#10 danielr421

danielr421
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:14 AM

i tried to release and renew the ip address while connected and it said that the adapter is in a state at which it cant do it.  And the second one doesnt work

#11 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

Post the minitoolbox report or see previous post suggestions and also...

Another direct test would also be changing the LAN cable or use another available port form the router.

Tekken

#12 danielr421

danielr421
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

Nothing works, I bought a new cable and everything for the LAN, a new internet cable and a new connecter from the router to the computer and it still doesn't work so I dont know.

#13 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:10 AM

Please go to device manager, right-click LAN adapter and post the Device Status by General tab. I still need the minitoolbox report next time please.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users