Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver is causing Freezes/BSOD?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 loco12

loco12

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

Hey guys and thanks for reading :)

So basically, I was watching somestuff and the computer just froze, I was bit surprised so I just restarted it manually. However this happend around 3-4 times in the range of 5 minutes or so. I was basically unable to logon on to my computer due to these errors. However the one time I did manage to get on, the computer showed an error in relation to the Display Driver.

It said - "Display Driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel mode Driver, Version 335.23 stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I'd like to also just say my graphics card is GeForce GTX 560Ti.

So anyway, this happend a few more times, and then I thought I'll just reformat the C Drive as it was getting that time of the year again where everything is just a cluster.

However, after formatting C Drive, download the Nvidia Driver, installing it and doing the mandatory Restart process I was unable to again even get to the Accounts Page. As soon as the computer would start up I would be showed BSOD, although it happens so fast I am unable to record what the page actually says.

Also, sometimes the screen would also go into Sleep Mode during restart, however this hasn't happend since I dusted the motherboard.

I am also on this computer by formatting C Drive and haven't installed the Driver yet.

I was wondering if anybody could help me with these matters :P, it will be much appreciated

Thanks!

Edited by loco12, 10 June 2014 - 03:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

Well...BSODs do not necessarily define the problem, especially one BSOD.

System or motherboard manufacturer and model?

Can you boot into safe mode?  If the graphics driver is the problem, then the problem will not replicate in safe mode, since the generic graphics driver is the only one which will load.  If problem exists in safe mode, your premise is definitely out of line with reality.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users