Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 won't start up - BSoD code 0x7B

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 yosefu_kun_98

yosefu_kun_98

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

Hello all,

There's a problem that I've had with a computer that I'm trying to fix, and it's this:

You know how in the Windows 7 boot animation that there are the four balls that come together and make the Windows logo? Well, right before they form the Windows logo, the computer immediately crashes, and the error code is 0x7B.

I've tried running CHKDSK/R, just as the error suggested, but that didn't work. I have also tried running Startup Repair, which did, in fact, find problems with the boot settings. The computer still won't start up though. I've also tried doing System Restore, but that keeps failing. I can't upload any crash dump files, probably because it's right when the computer starts up, also since it doesn't say anything about a crash dump.

Aside from trying to reinstall Windows, is there anything I can do so that the computer starts up?

~yosefu_kun_98

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaz20

kaz20

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

So you can boot into safe mode or no?

#3 yosefu_kun_98

yosefu_kun_98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

Oh! Sorry, I forgot about that. I can't get into safe mode either-- I'll just get the same error.

Edited by yosefu_kun_98, 10 June 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

What was the original problem with the system?

Louis

#5 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Have you tried booting from a repair disc?  That's what I'd try.

Doing a search at the MS web site results in this:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/results.aspx?q=0x7B

Good luck.

Edited by wpgwpg, 10 June 2014 - 04:31 PM.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#6 MADDxDOGG

MADDxDOGG

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

Have you installed any drivers lately.

#7 yosefu_kun_98

yosefu_kun_98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

About that... I've also forgotten to mention that this problem had been going on for a while now and I never learned the cause of the problem.
I don't think I have any repair disks, but I can surely try to get one. And no, I haven't installed any drivers before the problem occurred.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users