Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot connect to Apple Store on Win XP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hunnybunny

hunnybunny

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

Specific error message:

"The itunes update server could not be contacted. Please check your internet connection, or try again later."

Have tried START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/Command Prompt: netsh winsock reset which didn't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I haven't had any response on the Apple forum.

Edited by hamluis, 10 June 2014 - 02:03 PM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

I just went to this address with no problems

http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/download/

Is that the address you were trying to get to?  What browser were you using?  I used Firefox 29.0.1.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 hunnybunny

hunnybunny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

I just went to this address with no problems

http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliates/download/

Is that the address you were trying to get to?  What browser were you using?  I used Firefox 29.0.1.

Sorry, should have been more clear - can't access iTunes to buy music for my iPod Touch. Using Firefox 30.

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

Firefox 30!  It seems like these guys come out with a new version every other week.  OK, I'm on 30 now.  I just went here

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/?cid=wwa-us-kwg-music-itu and had no problem getting there.  I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  You might want to try IE or Chrome in case something's somehow gotten corrupted in Firefox.  You could also try purging your browser cache in Firefox.  That's always worth trying.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users