Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ewido Anti-malware And Spyware Doctor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:37 PM

Hi guys :thumbsup:
Can I scan my PC with Ewido Anti-Malware in normal mode?
Can I use Ewido Anti-Malware and Spyware Doctor in my PC? Not, of course, at same time, but first one and after the other.
Thanks and regards. :flowers:
Darthy
Εν οίδα οτι ουδέν οίδα - Socrates
Thanks John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:35 PM

Hi Darthy.

Ewido can be used in normal start-up mode. It will still detect malware and delete it. The reason that it's recommended to run in safe mode is just to make sure that it can delete any malware that runs in normal mode that does not run in safe mode and therefore protected. Its always best to run in safe mode, if only to avoid the agro of running a scan in normal mode to find you have to run it again in safe mode to delete a problem that you cant do in normal setup.

....and yes, you can run Ewido and Spyware Doctor programmes after one another,which is a good thing to do, just not together as they may conflict with each other and not work properly.

Just always remember to update Ewido and Spyware Doctor before running a scan,which you need to do in normal mode as you cannot update in safe mode.

Happy browsing :thumbsup:

Edited by graveangel, 26 May 2006 - 08:38 PM.

....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:54 PM

If I may make a suggestion. Start "Safe Mode with Network Support", that way you can update the programs prior to scanning.
This will not work with USB NIC since the drivers will not load in "Safe Mode".
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 Darthy

Darthy

The red side of the Force

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for your suggestions. :thumbsup:

Recards,