Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions about remote server

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 shovelhead54

shovelhead54

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

I have been trying to understand why I have problems with loosing authority..diffrent backgrounds. Why some sites say I am using a browser I am not Did some digging .. May be someone can tell me if I am suppose to have the amount of directories that I have.. Like DIR,  DIR. DIR..  DIR... I would really appreciate any help ,I can get I will Attach a couple text documents that I had printed from a cmd.. 

Thankyou.. I guess I can only attach one...

Edited by hamluis, 11 June 2014 - 05:47 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

Same system as reported Here ?

Louis

#3 shovelhead54

shovelhead54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

Here is a moicrosoft security edit 

#4 DarkSinisterKid

DarkSinisterKid

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:30 AM

I don't really understand your question, can you sum it up?

-§inisterKid-

-[ Dark§inisterKid ]-

#5 shovelhead54

shovelhead54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

my question....If I open a cmd.. type command <Dir> it should show me all dir on the drive I am in ..Should I have listings if I type <Dir.> <Dir,> <DIR..> <Dir...> Should I have a network drive when I only belong to a home with just me..I have a Z:\ drive that has a lot of directories..I do not no how else to approach this. I have been trying to get this under control for 2 years.. My emails everything ishave been compromised.. I have gmail check recent account activaty it shows my location but with a old version of chrome as browser.. I get messages from sites I am useing a outdated browser..I can go on and on..I am probly not explaing to clear but if this is normal.. Ok I will deal with it.. I dont know much about computers.. That is why I am seeking help..Even my bank act has strange charges

Attached Files

• Attached File  net.txt   1.3KB   8 downloads
  • Attached File  dir.txt   4.95KB   3 downloads

#6 wing987

wing987

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

If I am understanding you correctly, you are concerned that your identity may have been stolen due to problems with your computer.  If this is incorrect please let me know.

However, looking at the txt files that you included I am not seeing anything that stands out as an obvious wrong. It is unlikely that your number of folders and directories are the cause of these problems, but it does make me wonder how your system is set up and how it could be improved to reduce your confusion. But from your statements it sounds like you may need to apply the updates for your computer. There have been a few recent but major developments that these patches and updates will resolve.

As for the identity theft concerns, I cannot help you too much. But I would HIGHLY recommend investing a little money into credit monitoring and ID Theft insurance if this concerns you. Also, contact your banking institution about those unknown charges, they may be able to help you identify where they occured and if they are legitimate or not.  If they are not, the institution is obligated to assist you in changing the account information to prevent further theft, but only to a small degree (this is where having the insurance is good). Most institutions however wil practically bend over backwards to help you with losses within their institution, but this only works if you contact them and report the issue.

Lastly, if this is the same problem that HamLuis has listed in another thread can you please complete or close one of the threads so there is no cross information given? This will assist us greatly in assisting you. Thank you.

Edited by wing987, 11 June 2014 - 12:21 PM.

-- Windows 7 Ultimate on custom built system, Windows 10 on under powered laptop. Sophos UTM 9, Ubuntu Server and Windows Server 2008 R2. HyperV Virtualization --

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality," John F. Kennedy

#7 shovelhead54

shovelhead54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

Does it show that I am a network.. Thanks for looking

#8 wing987

wing987

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

my question....If I open a cmd.. type command <Dir> it should show me all dir on the drive I am in ..Should I have listings if I type <Dir.> <Dir,> <DIR..> <Dir...> Should I have a network drive when I only belong to a home with just me..I have a Z:\ drive that has a lot of directories..I do not no how else to approach this. I have been trying to get this under control for 2 years.. My emails everything ishave been compromised.. I have gmail check recent account activaty it shows my location but with a old version of chrome as browser.. I get messages from sites I am useing a outdated browser..I can go on and on..I am probly not explaing to clear but if this is normal.. Ok I will deal with it.. I dont know much about computers.. That is why I am seeking help..Even my bank act has strange charges

You can have a network drive if you have any sort of network connected hard drive on the same subnet, with your computer at one point connecting to it.  Some systems automatically do this, like seagate or WD.  A Z:\ drive could reference a mapped network drive, or it could be another HR/Partition/Volume that you haveconnected too within your system.

I am unsure what other information you are looking for....

-- Windows 7 Ultimate on custom built system, Windows 10 on under powered laptop. Sophos UTM 9, Ubuntu Server and Windows Server 2008 R2. HyperV Virtualization --

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality," John F. Kennedy

#9 shovelhead54

shovelhead54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

I cant understand why I am on a network My server is a remote.. run these ip  i get either 75.75.75.75      or 127.0.0.1threw about 127.0.0.40..I have been trying to find why I loose my authority to the point of not being able to connect to internet...I can not get my cd drie to do anything...I do a fresh install I still cant open my documents my music abunch of other files why On those dir.. I am on Z:\drive.. why I can use keyboard short cuts nto change between desktops...

This is my server  cdns01.comcast.net...my ip that never changes...50.152.137.33  that never changes.. Or it comes localhost..depending on what directory I am in I guess..I really appreciate you going this far......There are websites the page will open then I get another page like a 404 error.. some of my downloads wont work they go to appdata roaming or local to either a temp file or a program file.. Not all.. Again thankyou

#10 shovelhead54

shovelhead54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:16 PM

My  last shot.. I am  not on a network...My ip if I do a ipconfig is 10.0.0.8.. that is perferred. my router is 10.0.0/1...I just did a" nbtstat  -a 10.0.0.8....My attachment is my reslut.. Is that normal.. I do not know.. 

Again thank-you The name of my computer is ok-hp

Attached Files

#11 shovelhead54

shovelhead54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

If nothing else can you point me thee correct direction for haveing this issue investagated..just got a online mtr report done.. some  issues my real server might want to no also...

Thankyou

#12 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,486 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:54 AM

If you are connected to the Internet, you are on a network.

After reading through your posts it is still not clear to me what you would like assistance with.

Looking at the net.txt file you posted it looks like, from the Incomplete directory, you download things with a peer to peer (P2P) file sharing system.  It looks like your Z: drive is a copy of a directory from inside of C:\Users.

Since you engage in P2P data exchange it is quite possible that your machine has been compromised.

#13 wing987

wing987

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

Kilroy has a point, although P2P is a valid data exchange method you're giving out all of the information pertinent to your server. Assuming that this is not the first time you have done so, it is very possible that your machine(s) are no longer private and actively in use by someone other than yourself. I would start using a more secure transfer method that does not rely on a large range of ports, like FTP. However I am unsure what the intended purpose of your server is and that could change the recommendation. Your NBTSTAT looks normal for a home machine. You are using a private IP for a class A network, which is fine even if not normal for home use, and your IP's seem (from the limited information we have) to be working as intended without duplicates or out of subnet assignments. comcast hosts your server, and despite it being up and running they may be blocking some services as per your agreement with them, you might want to read the contract. You provided the external IP to your server and the good news is that I can ping it just fine. However HTTP or HTTPS connections time out.  This is possible if it is not set up with any web interface, or those protocols are not enabled, or are being blocked. A lot of servers have no web access and still serve a function, like an FTP or CA server. Also, if you are running a server I hope you have a firewall and DMZ in place.

To be completely honest and frank we have no idea what you are asking for and as a result we are only analyzing the data you provide....could you please be clear on what you are wanting from us?

If you wish to discuss this in detail without making more information public go ahead and message me. I do network design for a living, and I MIGHT be able to help get everything working if I had all of the information on what you have and what you need.

Edited by wing987, 12 June 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#14 shovelhead54

shovelhead54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

Thankyou..Tell me how to email you and what you need...Since the last message I had to reinstall windows..I kept hearing that my old browser was out of date.. Chrome. So i found it deleted it... After a reboot I got a black hp screen and a internet connection but no network said my dns didnt match still had a ip4 address but no 6... and no way to do anything kept getting errors that said no program attached to this file when I tyed to open...And this is how it goes so things will be diffrent..Again thankyou..... Let me know what you need and where to send it I did save some things to my email if you still want those

#15 shovelhead54

shovelhead54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:23 AM

In advance Thank you.. Did a combo fix here is log... Have tryed a couple times to attach My Dir, I will send it on another post.. Just going threw it quick did not get past the D's found two programs listed on your site .. Goy iyt to attach.. Thankyou

Attached Files

Edited by Queen-Evie, 19 September 2014 - 06:18 PM.
for whatever reason, this post was not reported as having Combofix log attached. I just saw it and remove it. Combofix logs are restricted to Malware Removal Logs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users