Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI hijacked! windows XP... help!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 imichaelw1

imichaelw1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

Ok, so it seems I have what many have. That is to say my computer was hijacked and nothing works. Only the pay $300.00 screen appears.

I tried the Hitman Pro kickstart USB boot up method but I get only a black screen and no window prompts. I'm not sure I had internet connectivity on the infected computer (was wireless and may have been disabled after last use) so I hooked up an Ethernet cable to a high speed source. Do I need to get into the infected computer to set the "internet settings" in order to actually have connection? If so, that of course can't be done because the computer is not functioning.

Also, the Hitman Pro that I downloaded from another computer was 64 bit while the infected computer is 32 bit. But I'm told that it should still work.

Anyone know why I get no response from the USB kickstart? Yes, I made the correct boot up selections to the USB device when starting the computer.

Help, ideas?

Much appreciated!

Edited by hamluis, 10 June 2014 - 11:38 AM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users