Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pro Optimizer

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 oldfekker

oldfekker

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

Hi everyone, I'm Glen, live in Burlington Ontario Canada. Can someone please tell me how to get rid of that Pro Optimizer on start up, it's driving me bonkers, and I'm not that tech savvy..

Thanks.

Glen :bowdown:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

Please download AdwCleaner and run it.

An image like the one below will open, click on Scan.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be close so that the infections can be removed.  Click on Ok.

When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

I received the following in a PM from Oldfekker.  Being new they weren't aware that they should address their topic in the forum it is posted in.  No big thing.  So I'm posting the content of the PM so that others will be aware of what is going on with his issue.

Hi dc3.. Thank you so much for the advice, I was really born too soon. Dec. 27/1937..Super, no more Pro Optimizer.. I'm trying to get Google back for my searches, but Bing of course keeps trying to push them out---guess that's a matter of uninstall..Thanks again, really appreciate the help. Take care...

Glen, please post the browser you are using and I will provide you with instructions to set Google as your search engine.

Edited by dc3, 11 June 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 oldfekker

oldfekker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

Thank you dc3,, Adw cleaner did the job, no more Pro Optimizer.. My next question is how to get Google back as my search engine,, instead of Bing????

I'm using internet explorer.. Windows 7...
oldfekker

Edited by hamluis, 13 June 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-choose-internet-explorer-search-provider#1TC=windows-7

Louis

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

What version of Internet Explorer are you running.  The instructions in the video are for IE 7&8.

#7 oldfekker

oldfekker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

What version of Internet Explorer are you running.  The instructions in the video are for IE 7&8.

I'm running 8

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

If the video goes by too fast for you there are written instructions below the video.

The one you want is titled "To change the default search provider".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users