Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with reboot

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Darryn95

Darryn95

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

Hi,
My computer started to be slow so I decided to restore the factory settings using the service on the computer. It then came to restarting and a message saying "setup is starting services" appears. A pop up then appears saying "windows could not complete the installation. To install this windows on this computer, restart the installation". I then click ok but then this process starts again on a loop.
Please help. I am not a PC genius so please put replies in lamens terms thanks.

Edited by Darryn95, 09 June 2014 - 05:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 Darryn95

Darryn95
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

Packard bell TS. I forgot to mention that I have already tried to safe boot it. It goes on the same loop regardless. Thanks
Darryn

Edited by hamluis, 10 June 2014 - 12:11 PM.
Fixed typo - Hamluis.

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:49 AM

I'd try booting from a repair disc.  If you don't have one, find another Windows 7 computer with 32 or 64 bit version the same as yours and make a repair disc.  Click Start -> Control Panel -> Backup and Restore -> Create system repair disc.  Insert a blank CD-R and it'll make it.  Then boot from that disc and try doing a repair.

When you've gotten your system back like you want it, I urge you to get yourself an external hard drive and a good 3rd party backup program. You can set it up to do everything automagically at the time and frequency of your choice. 1 TB external hard drives are about $60 these days and a really good FREE backup program is the Easeus Todo Backup Free.  That can save you a lot of time and frustration the next time something like this happens. Sooner or later it happens to all computers for one reason or another.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#5 Darryn95

Darryn95
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

Hi thanks for the reply but my disc tray won't open and if I open it up manually it doesn't run any disc I put into it so that's a no. I would like to know if I can do anything just with my own computer if possible. Thanks
Darryn

#6 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

Buy an external CD/DVD drive.  They start at around $25.  There're plenty of Windows 7 computers around you could use, most public libraries are a good possibility for one.  It sounds like your Windows 7 software needs some significant repair, and it would seem like the repair disc would be your best option.  The latest Windows 8.1 update has the ability to create a repair drive on a flash stick, but I've never tried it with Windows 7; don't know if it's supposed to work with it.  It's too bad you didn't make system backups.  Everybody with computers needs to.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users