Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

suspicious infections

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 steelkobra03

steelkobra03

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

Noticed some type of unwanted hidden files that appeared on my desktop and also on the inside of some certain folders.. Im very suspicious of some type of trojan that's on my cpu.... I've scanned & ran rkill, adwclean & JRT along with malwarebytes and those files are still there. I've also ran ESET as well.. Please help thank you 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

What are the names of a few of these files?  What is it that makes you suspicious of them?  What is the make and model of your computer and what version of Windows are you running?

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 steelkobra03

steelkobra03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit & Intel core I7 965....  I'm suspicious because there are files that were implemented onto my desktop that I know that I didn't place there myself and the same as for a substantial amount of other files that were placed into other folders as well that I know that isn't supposed to be there. A few of those files appear transparent & some of those other files look as to be created shortcuts in some of my main folders... I can attempt to do a print screen and display it if you'd like?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

Post the image or scan the files to get a second opinion, submit it to one of the following online services that analyzes suspicious files:In the "File to Scan" (Upload or Submit) box, browse to the location of the suspicious file(s) and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis. If you get a message saying "File has already been analyzed", click Reanalyze or Scan again.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 steelkobra03

steelkobra03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:21 AM

ok I have a problem and some of the files that I see in my folders are not appearing under the scan software for me to select to scan. Plus, how do I post the image? I don't see the attachment selection... Bare with me please.. 

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,146 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

Copy paste the logs.

Which files?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 steelkobra03

steelkobra03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

I can't post any logs because the files that i'm suspicious about I can't scan them... I don't know what else to do. Is there a way to post a screenshot so I can display those files? That is the best way so you can see for yourself. When I try to scan for the files, they don't appear in the folder to select.

#8 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

I can't post any logs because the files that i'm suspicious about I can't scan them... I don't know what else to do. Is there a way to post a screenshot so I can display those files? That is the best way so you can see for yourself. When I try to scan for the files, they don't appear in the folder to select.

See Stolen's explanation on how to post screenshots when I asked the same question here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/results.aspx?q=0x7B

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#9 steelkobra03

steelkobra03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

ok the link that you provided me doesn't assist me about screenshots 

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,573 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

How do I post a screen shot?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#11 steelkobra03

steelkobra03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

All shortcuts & log files... those files were created in different folders throughout the cpu... All of the white files at the bottom & shortcuts... That's why I was suspicious that something is on here. I don't know how my cpu got like this... There are two desktop.ini files that are on my desktop as well & more throughout a numerous of folders.Screenshot.jpg

Edited by steelkobra03, 14 June 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#12 steelkobra03

steelkobra03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Hello? Anyone will help me scan & make sure that my pc isn't infected with anything? I also noticed alot of unfamiliar processes in task manager that i'm not familiar with. Do I need to post some type of log so you guys can take a glance?

Edited by steelkobra03, 18 June 2014 - 05:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users