Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High CPU usage unless task manager is open

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AzZazell

AzZazell

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

Hi! My english is not so good, so, sorry in advance for my grammar mistakes!
So, I've looked on many places and searched through all kind of sites trying to solve my problem, but I was not able to.

My issue is, my computer is relatively new, bought it in january. I am saying this because even with the high usage of the cpu, I'am still able to use it normaly!

The usage of CPU is around 40%, even higher some times.

This happens only when the Task Manager is closed. In the moment I open it, it drops to 1 or 2%

CPU20high20usage_m.jpg

I did a previous post Here and was advised for the person taking care of my problem to do a post here.

Did everything he said to me, you can see on the thread, and it didnt solved the problem!
Hope you guys can help me here

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

In the screen shot you posted, I see the Task Manager is using 16.6% of the CPU.  On my Windows 8.1 system (I have an Intel E7500 CPU) it's only using .7%, so there's a problem with the Task Manager itself on your system it would appear.  The next task below that in your listing is using 10.4% which seems abnormal too.  I have no idea what that is since I don't read the language it's written in there, but you might want to check into it too. 

Now what to do about it could be a challenge, but I'd start with the free version of Malwarebytes.  Get it up to date and do a full system scan.  If that doesn't fix it, I'd run SFC from an elevated command prompt.  Click Start & type CMD, then right-click CMD.EXE and click Run as administrator.  From the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit enter.  That will check for and attempt repair of any corrupt system files.  If both the above fail to fix the problem, do a full system scan with your antivirus.  If you still have the problem, you'll probably have to back up your data and restore to factory settings according to the instructions in your user guide.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 AzZazell

AzZazell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

The second thing on the list is " app of services and control"

But dont worry about it, was just this time.

As for the other things you said, already did everything. Its all in this  Thread!

And, 16.6% is not the higher it gets! The normal is consume 0.something% of cpu. Of all computers I had, never the consumption of the task manage was higher then that.

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

In that case, like I said " If you still have the problem, you'll probably have to back up your data and restore to factory settings according to the instructions in your user guide."

When you've gotten your system back like you want it, I urge you to get yourself an external hard drive and a good 3rd party backup program. You can set it up to do everything automagically at the time and frequency of your choice. 1TB external hard drives are about $60 these days and a really good FREE backup program is the Easeus todo backup free which you can download from
http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software.htm . That can save you a lot of time and frustration the next time something like this happens. Sooner or later it happens to all computers for one reason or another.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#5 AzZazell

AzZazell
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

My computer is new, bought it on january!
the problem is windows 8! I will have to format it, I really didnt wanted to.

#6 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

Restoring to factory settings is a much better way to go because it takes care of drivers, helper apps, and any pre-installed software that came on the computer.  Formatting your hard drive and reinstalling is fraught with peril, especially on computers shipped with Windows 8 because of having replaced the BIOS with UEFI and the NTFS file system with GPT.  I'd look up the details for you, but I haven't seen the make and model of your computer in spite of having browsed your other post twice.  You should have a user guide on your hard drive though.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users