Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ssh from Macbook to Raspberry Pi error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Reddoug

Reddoug

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

I get the errors below when trying to ssh into to my Pi, I was able to at one time. I found one way to solve this problem was to clear known_hosts from the .ssh file. Is this safe? I can use remote desktop and access my Pi from my Mac. I do not have any trouble ssh to the Pi with Linux or Putty in Windows.

Thanks, Doug

dougs-mbp:~ $ ssh pi@192.168.254.39
ssh: connect to host 192.168.254.39 port 22: Operation timed out
dougs-mbp:~ $ ssh -vvv pi@192.168.254.39
OpenSSH_6.2p2, OSSLShim 0.9.8r 8 Dec 2011
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
debug1: /etc/ssh_config line 20: Applying options for *
debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to 192.168.254.39 [192.168.254.39] port 22.
debug1: connect to address 192.168.254.39 port 22: Operation timed out
ssh: connect to host 192.168.254.39 port 22: Operation timed out

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

You can do remote desktop to your Pi using VNC Viewer for Chrome.

The easiest way is if you are using Chrome Browser, just download the VNC Viewer extension to it.

Here:  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/vnc-viewer-for-google-chr/iabmpiboiopbgfabjmgeedhcmjenhbla?hl=en

If you are having problem with SSH, just uninstall your SSH app and just re-install it back.

There's also an SSH app for android. The best one is the Juice SSH.

Cheers!

Edited by badr0b0t, 09 June 2014 - 12:53 PM.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#3 Reddoug

Reddoug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for the reply. Not sure how to uninstall ssh in a Macbook Pro, can you help me with that?

Doug

#4 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:48 AM

Are you using a 3rd party SSH program?

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#5 Reddoug

Reddoug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

No, I am running it in terminal. I did remove the keys but I still get the same error message.

#6 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

Ok. I thought you are using 3rd party app. Did you try resetting your terminal? Just google up "Reset Terminal on Mac".

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#7 Reddoug

Reddoug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

What will resetting terminal acomplish? I found to either run rm -i ~/.profile ~/.bash* or just delete file ~/Library/Preference/com.apple.Terminal.plist    com.apple.Terminal.plist is not on my computer, there is several other com.apple files.

Thanks for your help, Doug

#8 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

What will resetting terminal acomplish? I found to either run rm -i ~/.profile ~/.bash* or just delete file ~/Library/Preference/com.apple.Terminal.plist    com.apple.Terminal.plist is not on my computer, there is several other com.apple files.

Thanks for your help, Doug

It's just to refresh the terminal and then config it again after to access your pi. It seems that your pi config is messed up that's why you are getting errors.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users