Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

both laptop and computer wont boot from cd win 7

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 patai3295

patai3295

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:09 AM

im trying to install win 8.1 on a fresh partition..i went into bios on both laptop/comp and set too boot from cd first and neither will.. any help would be appreciated.. thinking maybe getting boot loader software and maybe that will fix my issue..even tho i kno windows comes with its own

used nero to burn iso image..burn was successful and im using a internal dvd rw drive

Edited by hamluis, 09 June 2014 - 01:26 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Win 8 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,014 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

If neither of the two computers will boot from this disc I would try burning the disc again.

Windows 7 has an application called Windows Burn Disk Image which you can use to create the bootable disc.

How to burn ISO image using Windows Burn Disk Image.

Notice:  This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.

1.  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

2.  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

3.  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

4.  In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

burndiskimage1_zpsb502b181.png

5.  In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

burndiskimage2_zps17a9d6ff.png

6.  After the image has completed being burned click on Close

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 vcolev

vcolev

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

Check in your Bios, Most of the new computers do not want to let you boot from a CD/DVD, due to Legacy Booting being disabled. 

#4 patai3295

patai3295
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:50 AM

Thanks guys for all the input... No problems in device manag with drive.. I am going to re burn it and see if that's the problem.. And I'll check and see if legacy is disabled in bios

#5 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

There's also a free program called Imgburn if the above doesn't help.  FWIW some people have burned a CD with just the .ISO file as downloaded on it, and that of course doesn't work.  You want to see a whole bunch of files on the CD you burn.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,014 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

For those running Windows 7 or 8 I suggest the use of the Windows Disk Burner.  It is simpler to use that ImgBurn.

For those running Windows Vista or earlier I suggest ImgBurn since these versions of Windows don't include the Disk Burner.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users