Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VHDX file in Systernal Suite folder.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

I am running Win 7. I can't open the file (VHDX) using W7. As I understand it,....It is a W8 app.  The file path is C:\Users\b\Desktop\SysternalsSuite .     I just did a re-install with format  4 days ago using Windows 7 SP1 64bit disk that I purchased about 2 years ago. I have never used VMware.  Is this not suspicious?

Edited by hamluis, 10 June 2014 - 11:35 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Applications - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,721 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

I don't know if it is suspicious or  not, but download, install, update and run Malwarebytes - you can get it here :-

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Once it is installed and updated you only need to run a 'Quick Scan' and it will scan your system for suspicious items. If it finds any, it will attempt to quarantine / delete them and may ask you to re-boot at this stage. If it does, do so, then run it again as a check. If it finds anything which it cannot itself deal with, then create a topic in the 'Virus, trojan and malware removal logs' section of BC and paste the Malwarebytes log into your post.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

What is this "Systernal Suite" that's on your desktop?

Louis

#4 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

What is this "Systernal Suite" that's on your desktop?

Louis

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb842062.aspx

#5 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

Most of the Systernals programs will not run correctly. The ones that use command line especially. The cmd window opens for 1 second then disappears. I try to use the compatibility troubleshooter and get the cmd window to open but with a gray color instead of black. It finally times out while circling with app crash given as reason. I have had major issues with every machine I  own for some time now. It is hard to get anyone to believe me due to no security scans will show any problems. What ever it is pretty much makes them useless after a while. I am actually surprised I was able to copy and paste the link in my previous post. Most of the time I have to let it access my clipboard to do so. I have been poking around so I may have hit the right combination to at least let me c& P.  LOL

Edited by bwrighttwo, 09 June 2014 - 09:09 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

I asked because of the spelling differences...what you linked to is not spelled same as folder you mentioned...and there is a website www.systernals.com.with little info about it or purpose.

Louis

#7 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

Sorry. I will be sure to watch my spelling from now on.

#8 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

How are you running this suite of commands?

#9 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

CMD as admin and GUI as admin. Nothing wrks. This is not related to my OP. I poked around in my CMD and used the "SC delete" command along with some services. Most said access denied but a couple that I do not remember said success. I then get the window titled "Location is not available" with this in it.

C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard  drive on this computer or on a network. Check to make sure the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet or your network and then try again. If it still cannot be located the info might have been moved to a different location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users