Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help removing virus, possibly rootkit

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 robocop321

robocop321

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

Hey there, me again xD.

Basically since yesterday my computer has bleeped up and I noticed I have a massive fps drop when playing games and my computer feels really damn slow.

I then noticed that somehow my Avira antivirus was set offline and my windows firewall was turned off too?

When i try to turn either of them back on I come across a error which does not allow me 'Windows firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code 0x80070422

I am pretty sure this means I have a rootkit on my pc or some nasty infection.

So yeah it would be nice if one of you amazing people could again for like the 4th time :') help COMPLETELY Clean and remove this horrible thing from my PC.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

A search on this error code at the MS site gives results here

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/results.aspx?q=0x80070422

They have fixits there you can run.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 robocop321

robocop321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

Aha thanks man, my windows firewall is back up however i removed my avira antivirus and replaced it with avast.

I'm still worried there is something strange on my PC though :/

#4 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

You could get the free version of Malwarebytes, get it up to date, boot to Safe Mode and do a full system scan.  While in Safe Mode, you could do the same with your aintivirus.  That'll take a good while, so do it when you don't need your computer for a couple of hours.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#5 robocop321

robocop321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users