Jump to content


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.


Autochk/Proxy Task missing after using Adwcleaner

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IllusionaryInnocence


  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:38 AM

Hello, I recently used Adwcleaner's latest version to check my computer for anything after I had done a system restore. It found something and I rebooted, but unfortunately I found out after I did the clean that my system had removed the System Restore Point for some reason. I do not use File History unfortunately either. However after I went into task scheduler after the entry intrigued me, the program complains at me saying that 'the current task 'proxy' does not exist, please press refresh to see the current tasks'. I click Refresh. Comes up again. Guess Adwcleaner did something that deleted the Autochk/Proxy task. And I can't undo it.

Here is my log:

# AdwCleaner v3.212 - Report created 07/06/2014 at 09:40:33
# Updated 05/06/2014 by Xplode
# Operating System : Windows 8 Pro  (32 bits)
# Username : Stephen - STEPHEN-PC
# Running from : C:\Users\Stephen\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Clean
***** [ Services ] *****
***** [ Files / Folders ] *****
***** [ Shortcuts ] *****
***** [ Registry ] *****
[#] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\{DF2D6074-8317-4050-890F-116E54CFAAD9}
***** [ Browsers ] *****
-\\ Internet Explorer v10.0.9200.16537
-\\ Google Chrome v35.0.1916.114
[ File : C:\Users\Stephen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\preferences ]
AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [875 octets] - [07/06/2014 09:38:00]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [803 octets] - [07/06/2014 09:40:33]
########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [862 octets] ##########

Anyone know anyway to fix it? I'm considering updating to 8.1 tomorrow morning to see if that fixes the deleted tasks caused by Adwcleaner.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)


#2 dc3


    Bleeping Treehugger

  • Members
  • 30,757 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Foothills of Northern Ca.
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

Let's rebuild the acproxy.
Click on the Start button, then type cmd.
cmd[/b will appear under Programs, right click on it and choose Run as administrator.
When the elevated command prompt opens type in regsvr32 /u acproxy.dll, then press Enter.
Then type in [b] regsvr32 /i acproxy.dll, then press Enter.
Type exit to close the command prompt, then restart your computer.

Edited by dc3, 08 June 2014 - 01:30 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users