Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

antivirus problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sudhanshu bhogal

sudhanshu bhogal

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

I am unable to install any antivirus on my pc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 badr0b0t

badr0b0t

• Members
  • 328 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:21 AM

you may need to disable or uninstall an existing AV if there's any.

sig07.gif?psid=1

(Click sig to enlarge.)                                                    

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

Windows 8 comes with Windows Defender.  This is not the same Windows Defender which was installed on Windows 7, this is a full blown antivirus.  This should not interfere with installing another antivirus.

How are you trying to install the antivirus?

If you are downloading the antivirus is it downloading properly?

What happens when you attempt to install the antivirus?

Have you tried doing this in Safe Mode?

If you are not already aware, Windows 8 starts so quickly that you can no longer access Safe Mode from the start by using the F8 key.  You must be logged into Windows 8 in order to set it so that it will run.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users