Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

thread closings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

I would like to know if there is a specific reason for the staff to close threads so soon...one thread inparticular has been closed after "ONLY" 5 days of no response. I see this type of behavior of thread closings on more and more forums regulary. I just don't undersand the need to close threads so soon...but what do I know.

Edit: Moved topic from General Chat to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

We as a 'normal' policy do not close topics in non malware related forums.

The malware removal forums is an entirely different matter. Since this is a one on one type forum. Only the trained Malware Removal team member and the person who posted the log can participate in the topic. A Bleeping Computer 'bot' constantly monitors all posted topics. The bot comes by and 'asks' if they still need assistance and the member needs to click a link and get put back in the queue. If they don't click the link we assume they no longer need assistance and the topic is closed. Since those forums are not open for responses to the general membership. They are closed so that the malware removal team member can move on to help others. The bot posts a standard reply where the member who did not reply can click a link and the topic can be reopened and put back into the queue. This way the Malware Removal Team can see it and the next available team member can pick it up.

This way the bot helps us ensure that all topics are either addressed by a team member or abandoned by the person who posted and closed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users