Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blinking windows prevent keystrokes from registering

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sanchopanza

sanchopanza

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

Hi. I'm using Windows 8 64 bit with Firefox. The taskbar is blinking about every ten seconds. The taskbar, the borders of a notepad,etc. When it blinks, any keystroke I make doesn't register. I'm wondering if anyone has had the same or similar problem.

The computer is a pavlion slimline s5-1414 with an Intel core i3-2130 processor. 3.4G

4 gigs of RAM

Thanks,

Sanchopanza

Edited by sanchopanza, 06 June 2014 - 06:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

Bear in mind that with Windows 8 there're two basic modes of operation.  There's the desktop mode where things should operate pretty close to the way they do in earlier versions of Windows.  Then there's this brand new Modern/Metro mode whereby you start things via the Charms along the far right side of the screen.  The two are very different, and I'm afraid you neglected to say which you're using.  Personally I avoid the Modern/Metro mode 99% of the time like most folks I know do because we don't like it for reasons I won't bore you with here.  I'll just say that if you're using Modern/Metro mode and having problems, go to desktop mode and you'll be extremely glad you did.  :thumbup2:

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 sanchopanza

sanchopanza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

Thanks, I'll try to determine whether or not I'm using the Modern/Metro mode. It does work with charms that show up when you swipe, but  I'm using the Classic Shell. My problem is the same one mr.banks91. is having in the post: "Two very specific Widndows 8 problems". It's the second one. He may have elucidated it better than I have.

Edited by sanchopanza, 06 June 2014 - 06:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users