Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HANNspree monitor

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Moe_P

Moe_P

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

///I was given a HANNspree HF225 monitor, it's 22" flat screen with intergrated sound, there was no disk for it and I am having trouble finding the driver for it for XP home, I'm trying to adjust the contrast and brightness and there is no response from the keyboard, would appreciate any help in directing me to the driver for this monitor.

Thanks.

Moe_P

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

Have you seen the instructions in the manual....especially pages 11 thru 14?

before you operate the monitor - Source 

You don't need to use the keyboard to adjust settings according to the instructions in link above.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

Drivers are here: http://www.hannspree.com/US/EN/Download.aspx

It's a discontinued product. But you can still search for it and get the guides and drivers

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Moe_P

Moe_P
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for the info.

Moe_P

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,275 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 Moe_P

Moe_P
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

Well there were no driver downloads listed there, only pdf files, but I got it using the buttons on the monitor, took a bit of playing around tho.

Edited by Moe_P, 06 June 2014 - 05:59 PM.

Moe_P

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,275 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Did you click the driver tab? I see this listed.

Windows HF225DPB_Driver.zip 57.38 KB

Here's the URL: http://www.hannspree.com/HSPV3Images/Downloads/LCD-Monitors/HF-Series/Driver/HF225DPB_Driver.zip

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#8 Moe_P

Moe_P
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

Dang, I totaly missed that, Thank you very much, must be old age getting to me.

Moe_P

#9 Moe_P

Moe_P
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

ok, I downloaded the driver zip file, put it in it's own folder on C: and extracted it but there is no setup file, the only files that extract are shown in pics below.

Attached File  HF225.jpg   5.23KB   0 downloads             Attached File  HF225_2.jpg   3.05KB   0 downloads  

I am not sure what to do from here.

Moe_P

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

Read the instructions in link below and then decide if you are happy with what you have or want to attempt

the install of the driver you downloaded.

How to Install Monitor Drivers in Windows XP | eHow

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#11 Moe_P

Moe_P
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

Thanks buddy215, I printed out the instructions and will see how it goes.

Moe_P

#12 Moe_P

Moe_P
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

when I pointed it to the driver and said ok, the wizard came up and said it could not continue, the best driver for this device is already installed.

Moe_P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users