Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web page doesnt show the text properly

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kw1997

kw1997

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

Some web pages do not display the text properly . Only 1/2 characters per line . see the example below:

Example.  >>>

2x

3x

Rep

lace

me

nt

batt

ery

For

Nok

ia

BL-

5C

5B

N80

N90

Lumia

Edited by hamluis, 09 June 2014 - 02:18 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

What browser? IE, Chrome, Firefox?

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 kw1997

kw1997
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

Sorry, I should have mentioned it. It is IE  11.0.09, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1. tyhanks

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

A few things I recomend trying.

1: Update java and flash, sometimes older versions cause issues like this.

2: Try the website in compatibility mode. Not all websites are compatible with the newest version of IE. It seems everytime they update I find a few pages that require this mode.

Instructions from Microsoft for compatibility mode:

Sometimes websites don't look like you expect them to–images might not appear, menus might be out of place, and text could be jumbled together. This might be caused by a compatibility problem between Internet Explorer and the site you're on. Sometimes this can be fixed by adding the site to your Compatibility View list.

To add a site to the Compatibility View list
  1. Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.

2. Tap or click the Tools button f2d3a394-a4c3-4747-989e-cf3f6b782b2f_43., and then tap or click Compatibility View settings.
  3. Under Add this website, enter the URL of the site you want to add to the list, and then tap or click Add.

Note
  • If you add a site to the Compatibility View list and the page looks worse, the problem might not be compatibility and you should remove the site from the list.

Once you turn on Compatibility View, Internet Explorer will automatically show that site in Compatibility View each time you visit. You can turn it off by removing it from your compatibility list.

Not all website display problems are caused by browser incompatibility. Interrupted Internet connections, heavy traffic, or problems with the website can also affect how a page is displayed. If you're having other problems on a site, such as playing videos, read Why won't video play in Internet Explorer? or Why can't I see pictures on websites?

3: if neither of the other steps work, try resetting IE, this will clear all logged in sessions and saved passwords so MAKE SURE you know all of them before doing this.

Instructions to reset IE:

1. Close all Internet Explorer and Explorer windows that are currently open.
  2. Start Internet Explorer.
    Note If you are running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, start Internet Explorer from the desktop. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer that you start from the desktop.
  3. On the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don't see the Tools menu, press Alt.
  4. In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab.
  5. Tap or click Reset and select erase personal settings. If you're using Windows Internet Explorer 6, click Restore Default.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#5 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

Mind if i ask if you have considered using any other browser? I have never used the latest IE for a couple of years now, maybe they finally fixed it, but it always was the least safe browser, the slowest, and it would fail to properly open most pages.

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

#6 kw1997

kw1997
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

I tried the suggested fixes but no luck so far. Problem is intermittent but there. No I never used any other browser .

#7 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

Run, don't walk, to mozilla.org and download Firefox, then goggle.com/chrome and download Chrome.  Either is better, faster, and much, much more stable than IE.  I use IE for Windows updates, rarely for anything else.  

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#8 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,737 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

This is starting to get into the area of personal preferences rather than technical advice !

IE is not the only browser out there, and as Datcoolguy asked, have you considered trying another browser ?  Not all web pages perform equally well in all browsers and it is always useful to have an alternative to hand. I keep three on my desktop but that is partly to make sure that a couple of web-sites I run are responding properly regardless of browser.

Chris Cosgrove

#9 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:31 AM

If it is an intermittent issue it may be difficult to figure out the cause. Is it certain websites that cause this? There are websites that will have problems even in compatibility mode.

As others have mentioned you could try another browser, firefox, chrome, opera, etc...

It seems likely this is a formatting issue of some sort. If you can take a screen shot and post it here it might help.

#10 kw1997

kw1997
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

By intermittent, I mean that only a few websites exhibit this problem. This is a screenshot from ebay

Attached Files

#11 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

Have you tried adjusting the zoom on the webpage? You can do this by clicking view and then zoom in or out. Or hold the ctrl button on the keyboard and use your mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out.

#12 kw1997

kw1997
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

Zooming works and brings it down but reduces the font size too. Cant have everything, I guess

#13 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

It is likely a word wrap / formatting issue on certain websites. Some websites don't play well with large fonts and low resolutions with large fonts.

#14 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

Let's go back to basics...

1. Close Internet Explorer, Open Control Panel > Internet Options.
2. Click the Advanced tab at the top of the Internet Properties Window.
3. Click Restore Advanced Settings, then click apply.
4. Click the reset button and follow prompts. When the reset is complete close all dialogue boxes.

Test your pages.

You will have to change the homepage back to the one you were using before the reset.

You will have to enable the add-ons you were using before the reset.

If you use tracking protection the providers will have to be enanled.

Hope this Helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users